This store began as a dream in my heart and has flourished into the thriving business we have today! Instead of heading back to my corporate job after my second maternity leave I decided to change careers and work closer to home. Unfortunately, not speaking intelligible French, I was not hopefuly about finding a job in my community... so I created one!
I opened Heart's Content Consignment in July 2020 - right in the middle of the unexpected pandemic. It has been a wild ride of delays, regulations, masks and shut downs but the community we have built up around the store has stuck by us and I am forever grateful.
Each and every time you choose to spend your hard earned money with us you are directly supporting a member of your community who gets paid when their items sell. I appreciate each and every purchase and will continue working hard to bring you quality items at reasonable prices. You are so important to me and I want you to LOVE the clothes you are in - so go on and Shop With Heart <3
So what makes us different?
We have heart! We truly care about our community, our customers and our consignors. We want to touch people’s lives and make them better. We aim to be the heart of the community, a place for people to come and feel welcome, included and valued.
We offer a pleasant shopping experience in a clean, organized and cheerful environment. We have options for all sizes, even maternity clothing and accessories.
- We give back to those in the community who need it most by donating items monthly.
- We support and empower other local entrepreneurs and businesses by giving them a platform in the store.
- We support local whenever possible.
- We offer a Take A Book, Leave A Book selection in store – all free!
- We have fun! Follow us on social media and vote weekly in our Who Wore It Better segment, guess if an item is priced High or Low, and weigh in on whether you prefer This or That! And don’t forget to say hi to our mannequins Molly, Mabel and Mavis when you pop in to the store.
We get it – times are hard. Right now we are all living with uncertainty, isolation and financial restrictions. We wanted to create a space that would spark joy, where everyone would feel included and valued. There’s never any pressure to purchase. We offer a safe environment for you to pop in to say hi, window shop, or grab a new read. Our awesome selection and great prices mean you can treat yourself and not break the bank. It’s guilt free. Because we all need that right now. If you feel like you are alone with all this online shopping, come on in! We would love to show you around.
What exactly is consignment anyway?
What COVID-19 protocols do you have in place?
- One change room available which is sanitized between uses
- Two hand sanitizing stations provided Masks mandatory (and available for sale as well)
- Limiting the number of shoppers and using floor markings to ensure proper social distancing
- Keeping the door open to increase air flow when weather permits
Do I need an appointment to shop?
Are you offering curbside pick up?
What is a bubble party and how do I book?
Where can we find you?
What brands do you sell?
What forms of payment do you accept?
- Apple Pay
- MasterCard, VISA and American Express
What is your return policy?
How do I make an appointment to sell my items?
How does it work?
Can I drop clothing off any time?
Can I bring more than 20 items?
Can I have my items back if they don’t sell?
Do you take donations?
What is your VIP Consignor Program?
Where do you donate the items?
the Clarence-Rockland Chamber of Commerce and the Canadian Federation of Independent Business